Chicken Pot Pies
1 hr 45 mins
Portions / Servings: 3 pies
- 600 g flour
- 200 g butter diced
- 120 g milk
- 120 g water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 whole chicken of 1.6kg see notes if you are a TM31 user
- 500 g carrots
- 200 g green peas
- 150-200 g onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100 g celery branch
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 25 g olive oil
- 700 g water
- 20 g coarse salt
- 500 g chicken broth made from cooking the chicken
- 100 g cooking cream 15% or 35 %
- 50 g butter
- 50 g flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 yolks
- 3 aluminum pie dish of 22 cm
- Cling film
- 1 Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Large cutting board
- 1 Masson jar 1L
Place flour, diced butter, milk, water, and salt in the mixing bowl and knead 1min30/dough mode. Remove dough and form a ball. Wrap with cling film and place in fridge while you cook the chicken.
Place the carrots in the mixing bowl and mix 3 sec/speed 4. Place them in the Varoma dish. Position the Varoma tray and garnish with green peas. Reserve.
Add onions, garlic cloves, and celery in the mixing bowl. Mix 3 sec/speed 5.
Add olive oil and thyme. Sauté 4 min/120°/speed 1.
Add water and salt. Position the chicken, bottom down on the centre of the knife. Close the lid and replace the measuring cup with the simmering basket. Cook 25 min/100°/reverse/stirring.
During this time, divide dough in 6 and roll out into discs of about 22 cm. Pile them on a plate, separating each layer with a sheet of parchment paper. Cover with cling film and reserve in the fridge.
At the tone, remove simmering basket and replace with the Varoma. Cook for 25 min/Varoma/reverse/stirring.
Once cooked, place vegetables in a bowl. Slowly remove the chicken from the mixing bowl and place on a large cutting board. Reserve.
Reserve the broth in a Masson jar. Position the mixing bowl and weigh 500 g of broth. Add butter, cream, flour, salt, and pepper. Program 10 min/90°/speed 4 without the measuring cup but with the simmering basket.
10. During this time, debone the chicken in small pieces.
11. At the tone, pour sauce over the reserved vegetables. Blend chicken with vegetables and sauce. Check seasoning.
12. Preheat oven to 375°F.
13. Line pie plates with one dough disc and make incisions in the second crust. Spoon the chicken filling into the crust and cover with the second sheet of dough. Crimp the edges and brush with egg yolks. Place in oven for 35 min.
- TM31 users: Use a smaller chicken of about 1.1 kg, otherwise it will not fit in the mixing bowl. Add more mushrooms cut into quarters in the Varoma.
- You can make a larger chicken pot pie with the recipe's quantities.