Clam, Pancetta and Corn Chowder
Recipe for TM5 users. TM31 users please refer to the notes section.
Portions / Servings: 4
- 1 leek
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 100 g diced pepper pancetta see notes
- 20 g of butter
- 100 g of white wine
- 30 g of cornstarch
- 250 g potatoes
- 1 can of corn beans 199 ml
- 1 can of clams 142 g
- 2 tbsp. Thermomix vegetable stock paste
- 200 g cream 15% special cooking
- 700 g of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut leek, bell pepper and zucchini into pieces and put them in the mixing bowl. Chop 4 sec/speed 5.
Add diced pancetta (see notes) and butter. Cook 5 min/120°/reverse/simmer.
Add white wine and cook 5 min/120°/reverse/simmer.
Meanwhile, peel and dice the potatoes in 1 x 1 cm cubes. Place them in the simmering basket.
At the tone, add the Thermomix vegetable stock paste, cream, water, pepper and cornstarch (diluted in a little water) in the mixing bowl.
Insert simmering basket and add the drained corn. Add clams and their juice. The clams will be protected in the simmering basket and the juice will perfume the broth. Close the mixing bowl, and cook 30 min/100°/reverse/speed 1, with the measuring cup.
At the tone, remove simmering basket with the spatula, pour the potatoes and clams into a serving bowl, then pour over the entire contents of the mixing bowl.
- It is possible to make this recipe 15 days in advance. Once out of the mixing bowl, when it is still hot, pour the soup into a suitable Mason jar, close immediately, let cool on the counter and refrigerate.
- We recommend Fantino and Mondello diced pancetta, which perfumes and raises perfectly this chowder.
- For TM31 users, because of the smaller mixing bowl, follow the same steps but change the amounts of liquid: 70 g of white wine instead of 100, 150 g of cream instead of 200, 650 g of water instead of 700.