- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 tbsp. dried Italian herbs
- 25 g of olive oil
- 800/900 g pork in pieces See Notes and photos
- 1 can of 796 ml diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Thermomix vegetables
- 180 g Kalamata olives
- 300 g white rice of your choice
- 400 g water
- 1 tbsp. Thermomix vegetable stock paste
Put onions, garlic, celery stalk and carrot in pieces into mixing bowl. Chop 3 sec / speed 5.
Add seasoning and olive oil. Sauté without measuring cup 5 min / 120° / speed 1.
During this time, weigh rice into simmering basket, rinse well under cold water, stir and place into Varoma mould. Cover with 400 g of water, add vegetable stock paste and blend. Place mould into Varoma dish.
At the tone, add pork, canned diced tomatoes, olives and 2 tbsp. of vegetable stock paste into mixing bowl. Close the lid and position the Varoma. Cook 60 min / Varoma / reverse / simmering.
Serve steamed rice with simmered pork.
• Stews are perfect for cooking harder and cheaper cuts of meat. We will therefore NOT use pork tenderloin in this recipe at the risk of having minced meat.
• So which pork pieces should you use for this recipe? You can choose boneless pork ribs (in the loin) then cut large strips of meat, Pork loin in 2cmx2cm cubes, Pork shoulder in 2cmx2cm cubes, Pork bottom in 2cmx2cm cubes, or stewed and simmered pork cubes.