Vegetable and Beef Stew
2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Portions / Servings: 6
- 100 g carrot
- 100 g turnip
- 100 g leek
- 100 g onion
- 20 g olive oil
- 50 g old fashioned mustard
- 70 g TM vegetable stock paste
- 200 g salted bacon
- 1 kg water
Meat and vegetables
- 1 kg beef palette cut in half
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 g of small Nantes carrots
- 200 g of turnip
- 550 g green cabbage
- 125 g leek
- 200 g fresh yellow or green beans
- 300 g small potatoes
- Pepper to taste
Put carrot, turnip, leek, onion in mixing bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 5.
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and add olive oil. Heat 4 min/120°/speed 1.
Add old fashioned mustard, chicken stock paste, bacon (see photo) and water.
Meat and vegetables
Cut palette in half and place in simmering basket with thyme and bay leaf (see photo). Insert simmering basket in mixing bowl and cook 75 min/100°/reverse/simmering.
Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Peel and cut the ends of the small Nantes carrots and remove the first skin of the leek and cut in half lengthwise, in two in the thickness. Peel and slice turnip. Cut cabbage into slices (remove the heart) and remove ends of beans. Cut baby potatoes into 4 or 2 depending on their size. Arrange turnips, potatoes, beans, carrots and leeks as pictured in Varoma dish and place slices of cabbage on Varoma tray. Reserve.
At the tone, remove measuring cup and position Varoma. Cook 60 min / Varoma/reserve/simmering.
Once cooked, place all the vegetables, meat and broth in a large serving dish.
- For a softer, more cooked beef, follow the same recipe, but cut the beef in large cubes and place in simmering basket at Step 4.
- For TM31 users, follow the same recipe but put 800 g of water instead of 1 kg, 150 g of bacon instead of 200 g, 800 g pallet instead 1 kg. For the vegetables, put 150 g of Nantes carrots, 100 g of turnip, 500 g of cabbage, 100 g of leeks, 100 g of beans, and 200 g potatoes.
- For those who think that with Thermomix we just make small quantities, this recipe includes: 1,200 kg of meat, 2 kg of various vegetables, 1 liter of broth!